Website Manager

News Detail


Mar, 2020

2020 Season Cancelled- Covid 19 Update

Parents and Coaches,

Please read this letter in its entirety. As we are all aware of these challenging and difficult times that face our community as well as our country; Spring sports across our communities are being canceled. With all the uncertainty that we are faced with in these difficult times it is understanding as to why. With a lot of consideration to the circumstances we are faced with; the Northside board has been faced with an extremely difficult decision. With a heavy heart we are sad to announce that the 2020 Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Spring season has been canceled. This decision doesn’t come easy, but with all the uncertainties around the COVID 19 concerns and availabilities of our facilities, we could no longer keep our community of players, parents and coaches in limbo. 

We are currently working with the Jerome Recreation District on different opportunities for the kids for this upcoming summer. Some of which may include pitching machines for ages 8-10, and possibly a Rec sponsored 11-12yo live pitch league. Again, these would be Jerome Rec sponsored and outside of the Northside program. These programs at this time are only hopes, and not officially set, with all the uncertainties the Rec is facing in as well. If we are lucky enough and the “Summer Chase” still happens across our state, All Stars may still be another option to keep the kids playing. Kids will need to have been registered for our regular season to be eligible to try out for an All-Star team. We will continue to follow what is happening around our state and make the final decision on All-Stars later in April, date TBD.

For currently registered players Northside has 3 options for the 2020 registration:

  1. Parents can request a refund for their child’s 2020 registration, unfortunately the $3 dollar transaction fee is non-refundable. Please make all requests via Email by May 15th. Include Name, Player name and mailing address. Note: expect delays due to closures of Rec District

  2. Parents can request to forward that cost towards the 2021 season

  3. Parents may elect to Donate the money towards the league, Northside did have some substantial non-refundable costs that were accrued this year. Babe Ruth will forward our charter cost to 2021 but our Insurance coverage is non-refundable for 2020.

The plan as of now is still to hold the raffle for all tickets that were sold to date. We will look at setting up a collection for raffles after the 21-day Governor Shelter mandate is lifted. We will work the logistics out towards the second week of April. Gear pickup will be worked out as well at this time.

In closing. This was not an easy decision for the Board, and we understand the impacts this has on the kids in our community. We know that with the community's support we will get through these trying times TOGETHER and be stronger as a community. We thank every one of you for your support, without you we don’t succeed, and we will continue to provide more updates as the information becomes available.

Northside Softball and Baseball Board of Directors

Copyright © 2021 North Side Baseball and Softball  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login